The nature of the services we offer requires that we collect your personal information from time to time. In collecting your personal information we will comply with the privacy laws of New Zealand, including in particular the Privacy Act 2020 and the 13 information privacy principles, as well as the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (as applicable). This privacy statement further details how we collect, use and store your personal information.
Scope of this privacy statement
This privacy statement relates to personal information as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 2020. Personal information generally includes any information about an identifiable living individual or from which a living individual could reasonably be identified, but with exception for information which is a publicly available.
Collecting your personal information
We will only seek to collect personal information that is necessary for us to efficiently or effectively carry out the services we offer. This will generally include use of your personal information for the following purposes:
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests;
- Creating and maintaining a relationship with you as a customer;
- To provide you with products and services;
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- To improve the products and services that we provide to you;
- To market our products and services to you; and
- Keeping you updated and informed about the products and services we offer.
Generally the type of personal information we may collect include your name, date of birth, address and contact information. This type of personal information may be necessary and relevant to aspects of the services which we may offer from time to time.
Where possible, our preference is to collect your personal information from you directly. We may need to collect some personal information from other third parties, but we will make this known to you and first seek your authorisation, should the need arise.
To help us better perform our services to you, and to ensure the quality of services, we may wish to record certain telephone conversations. Where we intend to record a telephone conversation (or any part of a telephone conversation) we will advise you at the appropriate time.
We may also capture IP details when you use our website and we also use “cookies”. These “cookies” may collect anonymous information from your computer and our website may use and combine such passively collected information and allows us to remember important information that will make future visits to the site more useful and promote our products or services to you by way of targeted advertising. You may use the various options on your browser to warn you each time a “cookie” is being sent. You can also turn “cookies” off at any time. However, in doing so you will restrict the access you might have to many features available on our website.
In most cases, you are not obliged to provide us with your personal information and to consent to disclosure, however without it, we could be restricted both in what services we can offer to you and the quality of the services we can offer. Using your personal information We will only use your personal information as necessary for us to provide you with the services you require, or to carry out any related services.
Your personal information will generally be disclosed only to those persons who require the information for such purposes. Such persons will generally include our staff or agencies engaged to carry out work on our behalf. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such agencies comply with the Privacy Act 2020 and, where applicable, the GDPR. We will only disclose your personal information to third parties if such disclosure is in accordance with the purpose in which the information was collected, or if that disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to the public. We will otherwise only disclose your personal information with your consent (which may be included as part of our building contract) or if required or authorised by law. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is up to date and accurate. Please keep us informed of any changes to your personal information. You are also legally entitled to access your personal information and to request that your personal information be corrected. Please contact us at if you would like to do so. You will find our contact details below. We reserve the right to transfer your personal information to facilitate a proposed or actual sale or other disposition of the business as a going concern. We will ensure that the transferee (or proposed transferee) will be bound by this privacy statement. Storing your personal information We will safely store your personal information. We will retain it only for so long as it may be required by us, or as otherwise required by law.
We may engage the services of a specialised agency to store or destroy your personal information on our behalf. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that such agencies comply with the Privacy Act 2020 and, where applicable, the GDPR.
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. Although we have appropriate safeguards in place and done everything reasonably within our power to prevent unauthorised use or unauthorised disclosure of the information, due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you provide to us. You do so at your own risk we will not be liable for any unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information in that respect. We will however inform of you of a notifiable privacy breach should that ever occur.
You are entitled to:
- access your personal information; and/or
- request that your personal information be corrected or erased.
- Please contact us if you would like to do so. Complaints You are welcome to contact us if you have any complaints or concerns about anything covered in this privacy statement. We will endeavour to deal with any complaints or concerns as quickly as possible, but in any event, in accordance with the timeframes and procedures set out in the Privacy Act 2020 and, where applicable, the GDPR.
- Alternatively, a complaint can be made directly to the Privacy Commissioner. Contact If you would like to access your personal information, to request that your personal information be corrected or destroyed, to make a complaint, or if you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement, please contact us via the website. Changes to this privacy statement
- Please note, we may need to update or amend this privacy statement from time to time to reflect changes in our business or the law.
Level 3 10 Viaduct Harbour Avenue Auckland 1010 New Zealand
+64 9 300 3777